Texas Roadhouse Style Sweet Potato

Hi Guys!!! Happy New Year!!! I cannot wait to share new blog content with you all in 2017!!! I am beyond blessed for everything that this blog has given me and I cannot wait to see what 2017 has to offer!!! To start the new year off... I have tested and approved this recipe!!! It's so yummy but it's almost TOO sweet for a side. It's more dessert-worthy!!!

Here's How It's Made:
There's actually 2 ways of making this... a more time-consuming way and an easier way!!! I will share both with you!!!


Ingredients:
  • 4 sweet potatoes
  • 2 cups mini marshmallows
Honey Cinnamon Butter:
  • 4 tablespoons softened butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 dash of vanilla
  • 2 teaspoons of honey
Caramel Sauce:
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons honey
Directions:
1. Easy Way:
- Steam your sweet potato
-Cut sweet potato in half but not all the way
- Add your honey cinnamon butter mixture, caramel sauce( that's store bought) and your marshmallows
-Bake or broil for a few minutes to get that golden brown look to your marshmallows ( When I broiled mine, I broiled it a little too long so the marshmallows were more like dark brown instead of golden brown but I actually don't mind that too much.)
-Enjoy!
2. Time-Consuming Way:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
-Bake your sweet potatoes for 35-45 minutes or until cooked through
-Cut the sweet potato half way and squeeze in and together
-Add your condiments as above and bake for 2-4 more minutes until the marshmallows are golden brown
-Enjoy!




Please feel free to comment, ask questions and share your recipes with me!!! I enjoy reading them!!!-Tessa

Comments

Popular Posts