Cooking For Beginner's- Homemade Applesauce

Hi Guys!!! For this blog post and for some blog posts in the near future I will be sharing recipes for people who are beginners at cooking/ who want to learn how to cook. The first recipe I will be sharing with you is homemade applesauce adapted from the pioneer women's original recipe. Are you ready to learn to cook.... Let's Go!!!

Ingredients: This recipe makes 12 servings
***The amount of some ingredients will vary depending on the serving size you are making the recipe for***
  • Apples peeled, cored and cut. ( cut into slices or cubes) ( I used two medium-sized apples)
  • 1 cup of apple juice, apple cider or water ( I used water)
  • Juice of 1 lemon ( I did not use the lemon juice and it turned out fine.)
  • 1/2 cup of brown sugar, packed ( you could substitute brown sugar for regular sugar. Brown sugar just makes it have a darker color.)
  • 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
  • Optional Ingredients: nutmeg, maple syrup, allspice, and butter ( I used nutmeg and a little vanilla.)
Directions:
  1. Combine all ingredients in a pot
  2. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 25 minutes
  3. Puree in a food processor or blender until smooth ( you might need to drain some of the liquid.)
  4. Store in fridge or serve while it's still hot.
  5. Enjoy!
 

Please feel free to comment, ask questions or share your recipes with me. I enjoy reading them!-Tess
 

Comments

Popular Posts