Chicken and Pepper Panini's- Week 17

Hi you guys!!! A little background on this recipe is that awhile ago I was looking for a recipe for dinner for my family. I wanted to try something new and I was looking in my Pioneer Women cookbook and Ree Drummond had a rendition of this recipe in the cookbook but I knew that some of the ingredients in the recipe were ones my family wouldn't care for so I came up with this alternative recipe. Let me dive in and tell you about this recipe.... The crisp bread matches with the gooey cheese and the flavors of the pepper and chicken... Oh My GAWD my mouth is watering just describing this recipe!!!! You will need a sandwich press or panini press. Here's what else you will need to make these.....

Ingredients:
  • 3 or 4 chicken breast (depending on the size of your family)
  • 1 pepper (Any color - I used green because that's what was on sale at the store)
  • Hard, crusty bread (I used French bread)
  • 1 or 2 Mozzarella cheese slices (Or whatever type of cheese you like)
  • Seasoning for your chicken (I used steak seasoning but you could use salt and pepper too)
Directions:
  1. Start off by cooking your chicken (you can cook it in a pan or on the grill. I cooked mine in a pan)
  2. Once your chicken is done, cut it into strips or shred
  3. Preheat your panini press
  4. While you are waiting for your panini press to heat up, start assembling your panini
  5. First lay your chicken on your bread
  6. Then add your peppers
  7. Finally, add your cheese slice then place another piece of bread on the top
  8. Put the panini in the panini press and press and hold to make your sandwich
  9. When it gets to your desired crispiness, enjoy!
Here is the finished product!!! And what I love is you can wrap it in foil to keep it warm and grab and go!!!!

 
not the best picture but I try!
 

Comments

Popular Posts