Lemon and Herb Marinated Chicken -Week 2

Hello Fellow Readers! Today I am very excited to share with you guys this amazing mediterranian chicken recipe... Lemon and Herb Marinated Chicken 


Lemon and Herb Marinated Chicken :

IMG_20130417_175817
I've been looking for recipes for the past week for a marinated chicken and as I scrolled through pinterest I came across this recipe! I heard amazing things about this marinade and I just had to try it !!!

   Ingredients:

  • 2 boneless , skinless chicken breasts cut in half (You can buy thin sliced chicken if you don't want to cut the chicken in half) ( I used one chicken breast because it was big so I just cut my piece in half)
  • 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice ( I used the store bought lemon juice and it worked just fine)
  • 1 tsp. dried oregano ( you can use other spices like Italian seasonings or parsley if you don't care for oregano)
  • 1 tsp. garlic , crushed (2-3 cloves) ( I used garlic powder instead of cloves and again it worked just fine)
  • salt and pepper to taste
Now Let's Get To Making!!!!

Directions:

  1. In a ziplock bag combine lemon juice ,oregano, garlic,salt and pepper. Add chicken breasts and tightly seal the bag. Turn until well mixed. Allow to marinate for at least 2 hours ( Preferably 6 hours)
  2. Heat up the grill and make sure it's hot before adding the chicken. Cook until slightly brown and cooked through ( no pink inside)
  3. Serve with salad or other vegetables of your choice
It's just that easy!!!!

Serves: 4

***Note: You do not need to spray the grill with non stick spray because the lemon juice takes care of that.

Review:
I used only one chicken breast that I cut in half so I changed the amount on a few ingredients but it still came out awesome! It was easy to make and it was so moist ! The flavors were good. I marinated mine for a shorter time so it might not have gotten all that flavor but I could definitely taste the oregano and the lemon. I added extra lemon juice because I only added 1/2 tablespoon for each half of the chicken because I didn't want it to be over lemony but I did put a little too much ! So stick to the recipe!!! The only thing I would change would be less lemon juice but other than that a great marinade for your chicken!!!

Overall Rating: 4 1/2 out of  5 stars

Comments

Popular Posts