Homemade Healthy Protein Powder

Hello Everyone!!! I am so excited to share this recipe with you all today!!! I came across this recipe and I just had to share!!! This is a easy and healthy alternative to protein supplements. I am going to be completely honest, I didn't know you could make homemade protein powder but now that I know, I am going to be making it more often. Also, what I love about this recipe, is that you actually know what your putting into your body and you don't have to worry about all the unhealthy substances in protein powders.



















Here's how to make it:

Ingredients: *** The original recipe makes about 10 servings. Since it was just me.. I altered the recipe a little to a smaller quantity***
*** I will link the original recipe down below***
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup almonds
  • 1/2 cup dry milk
  • 1 tsp cocoa powder or sweetener of your choice (optional)

Directions:
  1. Blend or pulse together your oats, almonds, and dry milk together until smooth
  2. Add in your sweetener and blend if desired to do so
  3. Place in a container and cover tightly
***This mixture will last about 2 weeks at room temperature, but if you are storing for longer- place in the refrigerator so the nuts don't go bad.***
 
 
Please feel free to comment, ask questions or share your recipes with me. I enjoy reading them!!!-Tessa
 

 

Comments

  1. What a great idea! I tend to love Shakeology protein shakes but hate the price and this is definitely a great alternative.

    You could even add a tbs of peanut butter powder in place of any sweetener.

    sarriewebdesigns.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the love! When I tried this recipe out, I made it and instead of adding any sweetener, I ended up using chocolate almond milk and it was delicious!!! -Tessa

      Delete
  2. This is amazing! I didn't even know it's possible to DIY protein powder. I can't wait to try this! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for the love! I didn't know that you could make homemade protein powder either but I am SO glad I found it! It's so easy to make and it's healthy which I love!!! -Tessa

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of making homemade protein powder. The store bought brands can be so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the love! I love how easy this is to make and it's SO much cheaper than store bought brands and healthier!!! -Tessa

      Delete
  4. So I had NO IDEA you can make your own protein powder. I hate store bought and struggle to consume them at times bc of the taste and textures. I'll have to give it a go and see how it holds up in a protein bar recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for the love! I had no idea either that you could make your own protein powder until I came across this recipe. This particular protein powder doesn't have much of a taste to it which I love because it's easier to consume. Let me know how the protein bars hold up!!! -Tessa

      Delete
  5. I had no idea homemade protein powder was even a thing! How interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for the love! I didn't either until I came across this recipe but since I now know of this recipe... I don't think I will ever be buying store bought protein powder. This recipe did interest me as well!-Tessa

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts