Tropical Fruit Salad
"If you like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain.
If you're not into yoga, if you have half a brain.
If you like making love at midnight, in the dunes of the cape. I'm the love that you've looked for, write to me and escape." - Escape ( The Pina Colada Song) Rupert Holmes
When I came across this recipe, it immediately took me to some place tropical!!! This recipe is literally a tropical paradise in your mouth!!! That's why I love it so much!!! These are perfect for an after-school snack for the kiddos, for dessert, etc.
- Fruit to fill the inside of the kiwi
- Start by shaving or cutting the bottom of the kiwi so it is able to stand on it's own
- Then cut the top of the kiwi and you can either discard the top or use it as a lid later
- Then using a spoon, scoop out the "flesh" or kiwi. Make sure to leave a deep enough well in the center of each kiwi BUT make sure you don't scoop all the way to the bottom of the kiwi because you need a base for your tropical fruit salad to sit on.
- Fill your kiwi cups with the fruit of your choosing and Enjoy!!! ( I used strawberries, blackberries, oranges and the inside of the kiwi that I scooped out earlier.)
Please feel free to comment, ask questions and share your recipes with me!!! I enjoy reading them!!!-Tessa
This recipe is adapted from: